Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A few quick thoughts.

A couple days ago while I was praying I was surprised to hear myself pray, "but that's my burden to bare...". Through the years I have prided myself on being an individual... Somewhere I became less like an individual and more like an island. I say this because I wasn't just handling things on my own, I was handling them alone. I selfishly wanted to fix my own mess-sometimes even the messes of others. I told myself I could handle it but really I was just stuffing things inside. I stuffed them so deep I forgot they were even there. Whether the issue was big or small, I halfway dealt with them. No matter how good the stuffer, the issues being stuffed will always pop back up. Through these past few months I feel like I've really gotten better about this "stuffing" but the other day I was shocked at my own words over something so small. "That's my burden to bare" First of all, not only is that prideful, but it is so selfish. I was basically saying to God that I didn't want his help. It was my problem to fix. I was instantly told otherwise with the simple words, "No, it's mine." Woah. The God of the universe just told me my problem was his. We forget how blessed we are with a loving and merciful God. He doesn't want us to stress or be in pain. Jesus took that for us. When he was dying on the cross he took every single one of our burdens with him. It's not mine to bare, because it has already been taken care of.

No comments:

Post a Comment